Friday, January 13, 2017

The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge - Put a Stencil on It and HLS Mixed Media Challenge - Layers

As I was browsing the Internet for some inspiration, I came across a lot of wonderful blogs that offer monthly challenges. I'm so happy I found so many blogs but I'm going to have to remember to pace myself because I haven't created anything for a while.

This project is being submitted to  The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge with their Challenge #32 - Put a Stencil on It.

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-dRZEbtTUJTM/WGKMTCWAfFI/AAAAAAAALTE/ehzPVxRfL0kEMc_gvnNOVPftnuqH6znlACLcB/s1600/MMMC%252332Graphic.jpg

I was so excited when I read that this month's sponsor is Stencil Girl Products. They are one of my favorite companies for limited edition and unique stencils!

The 5" x 7" canvas panel was created with several layers of inks, acrylic paints, glitter mists, Inka Gold, Golden Glass Bead Gel, clay and of course, two different stencils. The circle image on the right hand side is one of the Stencil Girl stencils and has been added with white acrylic paint then a with a layer of Inka Gold in purple. The stencil at the bottom is from The Crafter's Workshop and was added with modeling paste. The top decoration and the moon are clay embellishments and Golden Glass Bead Gel was added for texture. In order to accentuate the beads, I added a bit of white paint, then another layer of Inka Gold in gold color.

The second blog I'm adding my projects to is Happy Little Stampers.com. They offer four different challenges every month but I'm only participating in the Mixed Media - Layers.

 



Thank you for stopping by!

Nicie

3 comments:

Melissa L. said...

Very cool, Nicie. I love the bright layers, that lovely lady, and the cool moon. Thanks for playing along at HLS MM.

Lynne Forsythe said...

your layering is AWESOME....so much too look at!! Thank you for joining along with The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge.

Susan Renshaw said...

This is gorgeous! Love all the elements!
Thank you for sharing with Happy Little Stampers!
Susan
Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!