Monday, January 23, 2017

Mermaid, Octopus, Coral and Pearls

When I first started this canvas panel I wasn't sure what images to use, however, I was sure that I wanted to included a mermaid. Once I found a mermaid image that I liked, I used Dylusion Inks on the first few layers, then used several Lindy's Stamp Gang Shimmer Mists. Once I was happy with the color combinations, I used stencils to add the coral, octopus and the mesh. The starfish and some of the coral are clay embellishments.

The first thing that pops in my mind when I see any ocean theme is sitting in the sun, relaxing and just enjoying life!

I am adding this project to the following challenges:
In fact, this is my second entry into the HLS January Mixed Media Challenge.

Thank you for stopping by!

Nicie

 







3 comments:

Meihsia Liu said...

This is such a gorgeous creation! Love the beautiful texture and colors. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

k.m.meena Herale said...

Wow, stunning creation, love all layers and texture.

Thank you for Joining us at Happy Little stampers and waiting to see next time.

Hugs
Meena HLS DT

Tanja said...

love the colors and the shine - thanks for joining us at the Happy Little Stampers Mixed Media Challenge