Tuesday, January 24, 2017

A Circle, Lion and Glass Beads

Since I haven't created any type of art for a while, I have accumulated quite a bit of supplies that I haven't used. They were purchased because I "had to have them" as I'm sure a few of you might know the feeling - lol! I have to admit that I am looking forward to playing with the new watercolors, paints, modeling pastes and other new things that are just sitting on my shelves.

This mixed media wood circle measures 4" in diameter, it was painted with black gesso, then with blue metallic paint. I used a TCW stencil and Finnabair gold crackle paste and I have to say that I love the crackle effect! Once that dried, I applied a bit of blue Inka Gold and just a bit of black paint to highlight the cracks. I drilled a hole on top and bottom and added the glass beads as accents. The lion in the middle is a clay embellishment.

I am  submitting this project to the following challenges:

I hope you enjoy this piece and thank you for stopping by!

Nicie

4 comments:

Berni Cuttino said...

Beautifully crafted. Great design and attention to detail. Thanks for sharing your talent with us at CRAFTY CREATIONS CHALLENGES. We look forward to seeing you again.
Hugs
Berni, DT
craftycreationschallenges.

Deb Riddell ~ Paxton Valley Folk Art said...

What a gorgeous piece, fabulous texture and rich colour, thank you for joining us at A Vintage Journey, Deb xo

Kristina said...

Lovely project Thanks so much for joining us over at Crafty Creations Challenges. Kristina DT

Julia Aston said...

What a beautiful medallion hanging! love the crackle through that great stencil and the touches of blue! Thanks for joining us in the AVJ challenge! Julia xx