Saturday, July 27, 2013

Fashionable Stamping Challenges - Flora & Fauna

Lately, I have been pre-occupied with my Mixed Media projects and it's been a while since I've created a card. The inspiration for the card took me a bit longer than I had expected because I was still in the gesso, wire, fiber paste, canvas, etc., phase but I am very happy with the result!

This card was created for the Fashionable Stamping Challenges #52, Flora & Fauna. It is a 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" card, the first layer was embossed then highlighted with Tim Holtz's Distress Ink, the background was created using a Spellbinders die, the flower image was stamped then painted with the Smooch Pearlized Inks and the Stickles were added in the middle for a little bit of sparkle! The saying was stamped on a piece of heavy card stock that was spritzed with Tattered Angels Glitter Mist and mounted on corrugated stock for dimension. The ribbon was colored with a bit of the Smooch Ink and the clay embellishment on the lower right corner was also painted with the Smooch inks.

Thank you for stopping by and I hope you like my latest project!!! :)

Nicie





4 comments:

Meggymay said...

Wonderful card and details, the flower image is beautiful. thank you for joining us at FSC this time.
Yvonne/Meggymay

Mrs.B said...

Gorgeous card, love the floral image, and the embossing adds such a great texture.
Thanks for sharing with us at FSC
Avril x

Dots Dabbles said...

Hi Nicie, wow...how gorgeous is this!!! I love all the layers, especially how you have reversed the colours and stepped it all forward (I hope that make sense. What a beautiful stamp too.
Thanks for joining in the fun at Fashionable Stamping Challenges
Dot x

Yvonne Garner said...

Hi Nicie, love all the texture on your card. Fresh colors too. Thanks for sharing with us at FSC!