Sunday, April 7, 2013

Fashionable Stamping and Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenges

When I started creating this piece I wasn't sure how it would turn out, but I have to admit that I love the outcome!

It started with a thick piece of cardboard, added gesso and a layer of turquoise acrylic paint. I wanted to use printed tissue paper but didn't have any at the moment, so I created my own. I stamped the compass and the world map with archival black ink randomly on the white tissue paper. Once dry, I tore pieces and glued them with Mod Podge, making sure that there were wrinkles on the paper for a vintage feel. The top layer of paint is gold acrylic that was water down and painted randomly letting it dry on its own. I was trying to achieve a worn, old look and hope that I accomplished that. When the paint was dry, I stamped the script with archival black ink, added the tiny glass beads - giving it the appearance of a "river". I tore a small piece of stamped tissue paper and inserted it to the small glass vial. The saying popped into my mind but do not have a stamp that relates that sentiment, so I printed it, lightly painted it with acrylic paint and covered it with Mod Podge. When it dried, I played with the strip until I liked how it looked.

This is a very sentimental piece for me because my family and I are going through a rough patch at the moment. This is a reminder [to myself] that the journey in life never ends, but never give up hope! Thanks for stopping by!!!

I am submitting this piece to the following challenges:





post signature

8 comments:

Sarah said...

Lots of great colour and texture to see. Great. Thanks for sharing with Simon Says Stamp & Show. Sarah.

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Just wonderful, a great pages with fabulous texture and details. Thanks for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.

trisha too said...

Such rich texture and shimmer, Nicie!

(You're right, grungeboard really DOES feel like leather, especially after you get it all inky and painty.)

:)

Terry said...

Stunning journal and I love that background! So much texture! Thank you for sharing at Fashionable Stamping Challenges!

Debbie said...

Love the texture! Wonderful colours and details!
Wishes
Debbie

Esther said...

Lovely journal page, crafting can be so therapuetic when things are tough. You've created a great piece with lovely texture and colours...thanks so much for sharing with us at FSC...Esther xx

Yvonne Garner said...

Great job Nicie! I love how you made your own tissue paper images. Thanks so much for joining us at FSC!

Michele said...

this is very lovely nicie. i'm sending grace and wishes for your rough patch. xo