Friday, March 15, 2013

ATC Decorated withTattered Flowers & Swirls

I'm not really sure why, but I really enjoyed making this canvas board. Why this particular board? I'm guessing that after using the Gelli Plate, I was truly inspired to create something with layers using several paint colors.

I layered opaque and metallic Lumiere paints, alternating between colors. I was also anxious to try out my new Hero Arts Swirl Stamp, boy, I'm glad I purchased it - it's beautiful!!!!! There is an ATC in the middle that has been stamped and decorated with Dresden, it sits on a piece of card stock with decorative corners. There are pieces of coffee filter that have been inked and stamped with swirls and text. There's a small piece of cheese cloth behind the Tim Holtz's Tattered Flowers and the pin has a blue-green crystal. The ribbon used to hang it up has been painted with the metallic Lumiere paint and has the same small swirl stamp as the coffee filters.

I am super excited because this is the first time that I am able to submit a project to more than 2 challenges -- YEY!!! I'm entering this 5 x 7 canvas board to the following challenges:
Well, I hope I haven't bored you with all my "jibber-jabber" [can you tell that "The Big Bang Theory" is one of my favorites shows? :)]. Thank you for stopping by and leaving your comments!!! :)









post signature

8 comments:

Sue C said...

Beautiful project, love the subtle colours and the flowers are fabulous. Thanks for joining us at FSC. Sue C x

Candy C said...

Nicie...I really really like your ATC card. The colors are beautiful. I love the swirls and the sweet tattered flowers. This is definitely a beautiful example of shabby chic! Thanks for sharing your art with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

Annie said...

Hi Nicie...this is so beautiful I love the colours and florals. A stunning make

Crafty Hugs

Annie

C. M. Taylor said...

Nicie, You are a true artist that can think outside the box. Your work is delicate and busy but not overwhelming. Your colors are so stunning and sutle. You did a wonderful job of scale and white space.
Thank you for showing us a way to incorporate all the elements of layering in a complimentary way.

Mrs.B said...

Hi Nicie, This is gorgeous, love the colours you've used and such a fab swirl stamp.
Thanks for joining us at FSC
Avril xx

butterfly said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I love the colours, and the layers building to the beautiful ATC sentiment - and those flowers are just lovely!
Alison x

Fliss said...

A beautiful atc. The colours are lovely and your tattered flowers just gorgeous.
Thanks for joining our FSC swirls challenge.
Fliss x

2amscrapper said...

so gorgeous--stunning flowers