Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Tim Holtz's 12 Tags of 2013 - January

WOW 2013!! Still a little hard to believe it's a brand new year, but it's just a bit harder to believe that it's almost the end of the first month! I hope everyone is off to a GREAT start!!!

Here's my January tag for the Tim Holtz 12 Tags of 2013. Of course Tim has come up  with another wonderful project, but I tweaked with the overall design. Instead of using Tim's softer palette, I went with a more vibrant hue. I used Broken China, Peacock Feathers and Mustard Seed Distress Inks. Instead of using the embossing folder with the clocks, I preferred to use the clock stamp and heat embossed it with clear powder. The focal point of my tag is the ATC stamp Time, also heat embossed. My quote for this tag is "enjoy the journey" - whether it be the flock of birds or anyone throughout life. The Weathered Clock was cut on shrink plastic and painted with the silver metallic dauber, the die cut gears were painted with the metallic daubers in bronze and silver. The ribbon was stamped with the flock of birds and was painted with Broken China Distress Stain.

Hope you liked my project and thank you for stopping by!!! :)




 post signature

3 comments:

Terry said...

Fabulous take on Tim's January tag! Love how you used the ATC for a focal point and the coloring is stunning! Love this tag! Enjoy the day!

trisha too said...

Beautiful, Nicie! Such great colors and details!

:)

Danie May said...

These are fabulous steam punk tags. I especially love the fabulous color of your background!