Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Tim Holtz's 12 Tags of 2012 - September and CC2 Challenge 22

Well, it seems that my procrastination paid off this month - yey! :) This project applies to the September tag for Tim's 12 Tags of 2012 AND also to the Studio L3 CC2, Challenge 22. This is the Riveted Patchwork project that can be found in Tim Holtz's - A Compendium of Curiosities Volume 2, page 57. Linda was nice enough to link this week's challenge with the 12 Tags of 2012. Thanks Linda!!! This week's prize is being sponsored by The Funkie Junkie Boutique and it's a biggie -- $25.00 shopping spree! Their prices are GREAT so you will get a good amount of goodies with your prize money!!!

This tag was cut using Tim's Tag & Bookplates die and the wing on the right side was cut with Sizzix Bigz Die, Angel Wings. Tim's stamp [the world of reality has its limits; but the world of imagination in boundless] was stamped on a piece of acetate and placed on the wing - I was trying for a "floating in the air" kind of effect. I'm not really sure if you can tell, but I also used the Crafter's Workshop stencil [Gears] on the left side of the tag. I added the image with textured medium, then painted it with Tim's new Metallic Distress Stain in Tarnish Brass - which by the way, I bought at The Funkie Junkie Boutique. I also added the metallic stain randomly on the whole tag. I love the way the stain gave the tag and embellishments a "rusted" look. 

Well, thanks for stopping by and hope you like my project!!! :)






5 comments:

Marjie Kemper said...

Beautiful tag, Nicie... I do see that CW stencil... great effect, and love the way you did the saying. Gorgeous!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

LOVE your metal work Nicie! And I didn't think to use the metallic stain on mine, but must try your technique out - love that stuff! Your sentiment panel is awesome too! Wonderful piece of art here and thanks so much for sharing with us with Sunday Share at Frilly and Funkie. I always love seeing how artists use the items from m shop!

Hugs,
Linda

Terry said...

This is one fabulous tag with so much interest! Love your metal work!

trisha too said...

So many gorgeous layers and textures--wonderful, Nicie!

:)

2amscrapper said...

Here from UPA. Stunning tag! I love your art!