Sunday, September 9, 2012

Lizzy Borden's After Thought

While hopping around on the web, I encountered a blog by the name Wicked Wednesday ATC Blogspot that focuses all their challenges using only ATCs. I thought that was a very cool & creative idea. Since I'm fairly new working with ATCs, I figured that this would be a perfect opportunity to commit to creating ATCs more often.

This week's challenge is #48 and we were asked to create an ATC using the colors Black, White & One Other Color. I haven't created anything with a Halloween theme, so I focused on something spooky. I'm not sure if any of you are familiar with Lizzy Borden. She was an upper class woman living in Massachusetts in the 1800s who was accused of killing her father and stepmother on August 4, 1892, with an ax. She was arrested, went to trial and was acquitted 1 year later of the murders. The murders are still "unsolved" as of today. When I purchased the stamp with the saying, I wasn't sure when or how I was going to use it. Well, the saying seems perfect for Lizzy. I imagined that thought crossing her mind while she was sitting at her trial. :)

Hope you like this project and thanks for stopping by!!! :)





7 comments:

Jenn Borjeson said...

ROFL This is just perfect, I love it. And I am from Massachusetts, to I know all about Lizzie. :) Creepy! Thanks for joining us at Wicked Wednesday. :)

Michelle Champion said...

I LOVE this!!!!!

Denice said...

Aaaack! This is perfect for this week's Wicked Wednesday challenge.
Love your +1 blood red color, and no....it's not creepy at all. What a wonderful sentiment that could be applied to soooooooooooo many things.
:Dxx

Debi said...

a bit gruesome but Fun :-) love the glossy accent you added to the "such" , thanks for following my blog and all the lovely comments you've left me, Debi x

Kim said...

This sentiment is so awesome and I love how you used it. Love the history behind it to. Thanks for joining us at Wicked Wednesday!

Kristina said...

BLAGHAHAHAHA Love your ATC!! I saw this at Jenn's ATC challenge and had to come over and take a look see! Awesome!
Peace,
KristyLee

Sharon said...

LOL love your humour - a great ATC!! Thanks for joining us at Wicked Wednesday this week!