Monday, September 17, 2012

Frilly and Funkie - The Great Outdoors

I enjoy working with nature's lovely "embellishments"! I created this card for the Frilly and Funkie - The Great Outdoors Challenge. We were asked to make something with an outdoors theme, but it also had to have a quote relating to fall or the outdoors. I wanted to use natural leaves with this card so I started searching for a stamp that would work with the theme. When I saw the quote, I remembered that I have pressed leaves ready to be used. The quote was perfect for the card!

I'm very lucky to live in an area where there are tons of trees. There have been many, many times when I've been out collecting leaves, branches, etc., and I have gotten the strangest looks! LOL! :) I don't mind because I know that I'm collecting one-of-a-kind embellishments!

This is a 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" card, the main image is stamped on acetate, the three Maple leaves were added by using a gel medium, the flower embellishment is decorated with natural jute. There is a strip of cream woven jute ribbon on both sides of the card. I purchased the ribbon at the The Funkie Junkie Boutique so I am also going to add it to their Sunday Share page.

Hope you like my card and thank you for stopping by!!! :)






5 comments:

Sue C said...

Beautiful card, the colours are so vibrant ! Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Sue C x

Marjie Kemper said...

Oh, Nicie, this is so vibrant! Just loving how you did the leaves... WOW! Thanks for joining in again at Frilly & Funkie... happy to have you along!

Anita Houston said...

Most awesome Nicie! I love the 3D aspect! The contrast between the dark and bright is fabulous as well! Great sentiment! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Frilly & Funkie this fortnight!!!

Teresa Kline said...

gorgeous, such a great design...have a wonderful week!

enjoy *~*

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Wow, Nicie, this is positively glorious! It totally evokes the feeling of fall. Wonderful stamped images and great texture, but those pressed leaves absolutely steal the show! Love seeing the jute ribbon too. So great to have you playing in our Fall into Fall challenge AND to have you linking up to Sunday Share!

Hope you are having a great week.

Hugs,
Linda