Monday, September 24, 2012

4 x 4 Panel - Full of Memories

I have created this 4" x 4" wall hanging for the Unruly PaperArts September RAQ 1. Yes, I'm aware that I'm working backwards with the Unruly challenges this month -- pretty much how I do most things! :)

My hubby cut the panel from a piece of plywood. I didn't paint the back of it because it has a cedar wood back and it still has the beautiful cedar aroma. I placed several layers of tissue paper to give it a lot of texture, then painted several layers of yellow-green iridescent acrylic paint. There are two strips of tissue tape, two small pieces of lace that were misted with walnut ink stain, a piece of real pussywillow tree, mulberry flowers and three small birds. The birds have a bronze colored Swarovski crystal on their backs. The Pearl Ex that was added to the bird makes it "pop" beautifully don't you think???

I really love the way this piece turned out!!! I hope you like it as much as I do and thanks for stopping by!!! :)







5 comments:

Anita Houston said...

Love love love the tissue tape background, and the color on it is wonderful! Cool to use wood as your base! Cool design and great work!

Debbie Scriven said...

What a lovely idea having something that smells and looks like nature! Love all the different textures and using natural goodies.

2amscrapper said...

stunning!

Lucy Edmondson said...

Came over from Unruly as I thought this looked so gorgeous! Lovely to read more about it - I had forgotten about Pussywillow and it reminds me of childhood. Lovely to have something smelling of cedarwood too, great for wardrobes,

Lucy x

Annie said...

Saw this on URPA and wanted to take a closer look. It is stunning Nicie and I love the texture x