Monday, August 6, 2012

Wendy Vecchi - Challenge #47

I created this card for the Everything Wendy Vecchi Making Art Challenge #47 - Plaid. I don't usually work with plaid so at first I had a hard time coming up with a project. While looking at all my Wendy's stamps, I saw the Studio 490 Regal Art stamp set and knew right away what I was going to create. I really love that set, the sayings are just too funny!!!

The "pink" background, which is plaid believe it or not, was created with Tim Holtz's alcohol inks on glossy stock. I created it using Tim's technique and with the following inks: watermelon, cranberry & meadow. I wanted to give it a bit of a pearlized look but I think I overdid it with the Pearl Mixative. I should have used horizontal & vertical strokes, but instead I pounced the blending tool. I tried to fix it, but it started to look muddy so I just left it alone. You can define the plaid look on the piece with the "just address me..." saying and on the skirt. I also folded the skirt giving it a plaid design. Hope you like it and thank you for stopping by!!! :)






4 comments:

Marjie Kemper said...

Man, Nicie... that skirt is too flipping creative... I love it!

Ally White Cat said...

wow. cute..love the color combo and I love that skirt!
hugs,
susan s.

Lori said...

Love the skirt on that stamp! Very creative! Your card is wonderful, thanks so much for joining the MAC!

Anita Houston said...

So cool that you dressed her up...love the plaid!!!!