Friday, August 31, 2012

Tim Holtz's 12 Tags of 2012 - August

Here is my tag for Tim's 12 Tags of 2012 - August. I didn't have the silhouette stamp, so I added my own twist. The Sizzix Bigz Die of the Bird & Cage and also the Movers & Shapers Bird & Cage are one of my all time favorite, therefore, I made my little feathery friend the focal point of my tag.

I used the Damask Sizzix embossing folder on the tag, painted it with Adirondack Paint Dabber in Stream, then added Distress Ink in Vintage Photo. The bird was cut from manila stock, inked and heat embossed, it sits on a Sizzix oval die. Instead of using a frame, I decided to use two bird cages to draw your attention to the bird. They were painted with the paint dabber, in Stream, then with Distress Crackle Paint in Pewter. The "roses" were created using the pine cone die. Let me tell you, they are very tricky to assemble!!!! I didn't think that I was going to finish even one "rose" but I ended up with four. I think they're not too bad for my first time using the pine cone! :)  What do you think of them? Tim uses the branches and leaves from his Movers & Shapers Branch & Leaf, but I only used the leaves, I used real branches for the "branches". I really like incorporating nature into my projects when I can. Tim's metal bird and his "memoirs" trinket pin was used to decorate the top of the tag and  I created the pearl embellishments. Once everything dried, I spritzed the tag with Perfect Pearls in Blue Smoke.

I am also entering this tag in the Fashionable Stamping Challenges #29, Anything Floral/Handmade Flowers. This challenge asks that you create a project using a floral motif and/or flowers. It is being sponsored by Cottage Crafts. Please be sure to stop by their store!

Thank you for stopping by and hope you like this project!!! :)






7 comments:

Winnie said...

So pretty. It is amazing how much texture you got on this tag. I love the use of the bird and how you made the banner too.

Marjie Kemper said...

Beautiful tag, Nicie. Love the double bird cages and don't even get me started on the flowers.... they're fab! I cannot get those down but you, my friend, rocked 'em!

stampdiva said...

Hi
Such a great tag with wonderful use of embellishments and the bird.
Thank you for joining us at FSC this fortnight.
Wishes
Lynne

Mrs.B said...

This is a beautiful tag. Love the colour and embellishments, and your flowers look wonderful.
Thanks for sharing with us at FSC
Avril x

Terry said...

Breathtaking tag! Love all the flowers and dies! Thank you for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.

Shirl said...

Hi Nicie we all love your tag it is gorgeous. Can you tell us if you have any stamping on the tag as we are all unsure?

Thank you for entering such a beautiful tag in the Fashionable Stamping Challenges.

Hugs Shirley x x

Ellie said...

What an elegant card, LOVE all of your flowers!

Thanks for joining at FSC!
xxx Ellie xxx