Thursday, August 9, 2012

The Journey...

I really like the way this card turned out! I'm submitting it at Simon Says Stamp and Show where the theme this week is Paint It Up! The background consist of several techniques. First, I inked the whole surface with Antique Linen Distress Ink, then I used the Gears template from the Crafter's Workshop using Frayed Burlap Distress Ink. The birds and French text were stamped with black ink, once dried, I spritzed Smooch Spritz in Olive Green. The edges were highlighted with black ink.

The clock is Sizzix Weathered Clock that has been painted with gesso, then with Adirondack Paint Dabber in Lettuce. Once that was dry, I also spritzed it with the Smooch Spritz, when that dried, I painted a few areas here & there with more Lettuce paint. The card stock with Tim's "the journey..." stamp has been painted with watered down Lettuce paint, then also spritzed with Smooch Olive Green. I stamped the birds stamp on shrink plastic, added jump rings and hangs from a swivel clasp.

I am also adding this project to the Fashionable Stamping - Challenge #27, Anything Goes and to the
Sweet Stamps Blog - Challenge 77, Stamped Background. Well, I hope you like the short tutorial and thank you for stopping by!!! :)








6 comments:

Michele said...

i'm so glad you posted to the unruly paper arts list as it led me to your beautiful blog. gorgeous work here! very inspired. nice to meet you in blog land. xo from michele

Sarah said...

I think it looks just fabulous too - love the texture and colours...Thanks so much for joining in with Simon Says Stamp & Show. Sarah.

Terry said...

You should love this, because it is gorgeous! Love the greens and all the elements! Fabulous!

Mrs.B said...

Fabulous Card with great colours and stamping. Love the finish on the clock die and the addition of the shrink plastic is a great touch.
Thanks for joining us at FSC
Avril xx

Dots Dabbles said...

Such beautifully textured effects you have created with the inks on this card! Very creative and I absolutely love the colours.
Thanks for joining in our Anything Goes challenge at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.
Dot x

Shelly Schmidt said...

This is just gorgeous- love the color and the background stamping. The pretty clock image is awesome. The shrink plastic charm is a great finishing touch.