Friday, August 10, 2012

The Game Challenge #6 - "1,2,3...Redlight"

My Facebook buddy, June MacFarlane, posted a challenge being held at The Game blog called "1, 2, 3...Redlight". This is challenge #6 and it is to create an ATC using the colors of a traffic light: red, amber [yellow] and green. This week's sponsor is ARTChix Studio and the winner will receive one of their beautiful collage sheets.

First, I sprayed the background with Dylusions Ink Sprays in Pure Sunshine and the corners with Fresh Lime, then highlighted the edges with Mustard Seed & Peeled Paint Distress Inks. The image is a vintage ad for a silk company. I made the miniature tassel from multi-color thread and dangles freely from the top of the Oriental coin. The stamps for Longevity, Health and Good Luck are stamped randomly in black, red and green inks. Hope you all like it and thanks for stopping by!!! :)






4 comments:

Dezinaworld said...

Wow Nicie, what a gorgeous oriental atc you have created. I adore the way you blended all the colours and the effect is stunning. also love the tassle. very creative indeed. I am you joined us in The Game. Good luck my friend
Hugs June x

Dallying Debz said...

Wow, it's completely different to anything I've seen before in blogland and I love it!

Susan said...

I LOVE this! I am partial to asian in the first place, but this is great love your tassle!

BTW...the prize is 3 sheets, 3 ATC foundations, and 3 eco-board pieces decorated by Helga herself!!
Good luck, and thanks so much for joining us at THE GAME. Please spread the word and put our badge on your blog!
Susan(DT)

Chrislyn said...

This is very nice! I love your use of color. Thanks so much for joining us at The Game.

Chrislyn