Wednesday, July 25, 2012

12 Tags of 2012 - July

Yes, we're in the last days of July, BUT, I'm very happy to be posting my July tag for Tim's 12 Tags of 2012 - July now and not on the actual last day of the month! :) 

When I saw this challenge, I thought to myself that it would be a very simple one. Boy, was I wrong! Getting the alcohol inks to spread using the air can was not as simple as it looks. They pretty much go wherever they want, no matter how hard you try! :)  It took several trial and errors but I'm pretty happy with the results that I achieved. The skyline and stars are Tim's stamps and the fireworks is from Hero Arts. I used the metal with the saying: "the journey awakens the soul" because that's how I feel every time I'm going to start a new project. Whatever your inspiration is, it awakens your imagination and your artistic soul comes to life! I didn't have the silver metallic mixative so I used the pearl instead. I have to say that I'm pretty happy with the result. I like the pearl streak on the right side because it reminded me of the sparks coming down after the fireworks blow up in the air. Thank you for stopping by!!! I hope you like my tag! :)







9 comments:

Lucy Edmondson said...

This worked out terrific, Nicie,

Lucy x

Virginia said...

I love your take on Tim's July tag!

Sue said...

Beautiful tag - love the pearl effect. Really stands out. Sx

Winnie said...

Congrats on being one of the winners. Lovely tag. Love the cityscape you made with the great fireworks.

AnnieC said...

It worked out fabulous in the end - love the fireworks idea

Sue said...

Many congratulations on being one of Tim's winners. Very exciting. Sx

Debi said...

great tag, love how the colours really look like fireworks :-) Debi x

toni said...

Congratulations thats a fab tag i'm not surprised it caught the masters eye ! X

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

Congratulations on winning the Tim Holtz 12 Tags of 2012 July tag prize. Your work is great. Blessings!