Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Everything Wendy Vecchi-Challenge 40 & MMM May Challenge

I finished my project for the Everything Wendy Vecchi - Challenge 40 - Cracked Glass technique, YEY!!! The bottle started out having a lavender color so I wasn't sure how it was going to look with the Distress Rock Candy over the color. It turned out ok, but I wasn't happy because there were parts that looked too white and you couldn't really see the cracks too well. I added Distress Stain in Milled Lavender and have to say that I really liked the outcome! :)

The cork topper is attached to the copper colored chain and is adorned with a crystal & glass beads. The center embellishment is a flower that I cut with Tattred Florals die and dyed them using Tim's Alcohol Inks in Eggplant, Cranberry & Copper Mixative. The metal charm has the words "live your story" embossed on it and hangs from a flower petal. I'm lucky that I can also submit this project to the My Mojo Monthly - May Flower Frenzy challenge. I cut it too close last month and wanted to make sure that I submitted this month's challenge with plenty of time. :)  You can visit My Mojo Monthly blog by clicking on the link. Well, I hope you all enjoy this piece and thanks for stopping by!!! :)







1 comment:

Sarah said...

That's such a great colour and perfect for summer - so delicate and colourful. The effect came out really well and I love your embellishments - a fab bottle from top to toe... Thanks so much for sharing this amazing tag with My Mojo Monthly! Sarah.