Sunday, April 15, 2012

A Compendium of Curiosities 2 - Challenge 1

When Tim's original A Compendium of Curiosities book was released I hadn't joined the All Things Tim Yahoo Group or Studio L3, therefore, I didn't participate in the original challenges. BUT, luckily I do belong to those wonderful groups now and I'm able to participate!!! YEY!!!

Linda at Studio L3 does a great job at organizing these challenges and we're lucky to have great sponsors! This week's sponsor is Simon Says Stamp and you can visit them by clicking on the link.

My submission is a 5" x 7" canvas panel. This is my take on a modern Ying/Yang with a bit of a grungy edge. I used acrylic paints, alcohol inks, Dylusions Ink Spray and Perfect Pearls Mist. I love the shimmer that the Perfect Pearls gives projects, but it's very hard to capture a good picture of it. Well, I hope that you like this week's project. Thanks for stopping by! :)





6 comments:

june macfarlane said...

Great work Nicie. i love those metal flowers
have a lovely weekend
hugs June x

Linda Ledbetter said...

Your beautifully-colored canvas is SPECTACULAR, Nicie! Worthy of a place of honor in a gallery. Thanks so much for helping launch the CC2C!

Vic said...

Wow! I love it!

Marjie Kemper said...

I'm so glad you joined those groups, because that's how I found you! Love this piece, Nicie, especially the awesome flowers you added to the canvas after the PP mist. Beautiful!

SophieNewton said...

What a stunning piece of art, I love the colours and all the detail
Sophie x

Ann said...

Stunning canvas....beautiful colours
Ann xxx