Saturday, March 10, 2012

Vintage "Hat Box"

When I saw this little round box at the store, the image of a beautiful vintage hat box came to mind. I imagined it being delivered from a quaint little boutique to a very happy & excited lady waiting to wear it. I was so glad when the new March challenge at My Monthly Mojo, was posted asking for vintage projects. I knew my chance to transform this little box had arrived. I was even happier when I read that this project also qualifies for the Simon Says Stamp and Show.

First, I sprayed the 4" box with Walnut Stain Distress Ink, once it dried I sprayed it with Perfect Pearls Interference Red. When I sprayed the Perfect Pearls, the Walnut Stain ran a bit and thought that the result was going to be a "muddy" effect. I was pleasantly surprised to see that it was not the case! I added lace around the top's rim and bottom of the box, then added the pearls. The flowers and tag were created with purple stock that was sprayed with the Perfect Pearls. I stamped the "Love" image on the paper, added the metal tag on top, then added Ranger's Crackle Accents. The vintage image was added at the top of the box and butterfly images were added to the inside of the box. Hope you enjoyed this project. Thanks!















3 comments:

Sarah said...

This has turned out wonderfully and it's such a great size - fits in the hand! Love your deep colours and vintage details...the crackle, lace and beading are fabulous - and a great inside too! Well done you! Thanks so much for sharing with My Mojo Monthly!

Terry said...

Thank you for joining into the fun over at the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge Blog, thank you for sharing your wonderfull project. Hugs Terry xxxx

Terry said...

Oh this is such a gorgeous hat box! Love all your little vintage goodies and flowers!