Thursday, January 26, 2012

My First Steampunk Project

Well, I have finally completed my first Mixed Media - Steampunk project. I have to say that I really enjoyed creating this because I played and painted "outside" the lines. Usually, my projects are measured and placed carefully but this allowed me to just go with the flow of the canvas. The majority of the items used here are Tim Holtz's and it is also the first time I used them. I had been waiting to use them, now I don't want to put them down. :)  I finally cut aluminum and [hopefully] accomplished the look of "rusty" pieces. I am so glad that I have finally had the courage to step into the world of Mixed Media - Steampunk and also hope you enjoy my first project. Please let me know what you think.








6 comments:

Gina said...

Fabulous creation!!! Totally Steampunked lol :D XXX

Donna Bowman said...

I think this piece is wonderful! Definitely steampunked!

Dezinaworld said...

Excellent project and beautifully done
hugs June x

artistamyjo said...

Definitly steampunk and really well done!
Hugs,Amy Jo

Nicie Ibarra said...

Thank you so much for your comments! It means a lot to me to get input from experienced artists!!!!

Deb Neerman said...

WoW, this is fantastic!